Thursday, September 10, 2015

Review: Dior Hydra Life BB Creme 02 Golden Peach

Good morning rest day! Today is refreshingly dewy and made my mood a bit sulky. Hehehe my hormones are undeniably uncontrollable and they just made me go back to memories I just don't wanna remember. This kind of morning is quite resentful, adding up to my "muni-muni" is the song, See You Again (Wiz Khalifa) from the neighbor's full blast stereo.

So before I get lost, lemme just drop something beauty related to keep me sane.

 

Today's review is about another luxurious line, Dior Hydra Life BB Creme in Peche Doree (Golden Peach).  I have been using this for quite sometime, alternating it with the other stuff I got on my stash depending on my current skin condition and ofcourse the weather.


Actually, this is a gift (again) from my kumadre who is workin overseas. She was previously connected with Benefit but now she's with Dior. I am deeply moved coz she never fails to remember me each time.

Thanks Miles, you know I am a make up junkie and your presents make my heart summersault always!



Product Description

This is the first ever beauty balm (bb cream) from Dior. It was inpired by the Asian beauty secrets and was developed in partnership with respectable make up artists. This cream is formulated to give skin the extreme protection it needs with it's SPF 30 - PA+++,  is infused with the moisturizing benefits of a skincare and is combined with the complexion-perfecting and skin-evening properties of a foundation.

Available shades:

01 Luminous Beige - light beige with neutral to warm undertones
02 Golden Peach - medium with golden peach undertones
03 Sunny Amber - deep tan skin tones

Net weight - 50ml / 1.7 fl. oz.
Price - USD60.00
Availability - make up counters / beauty bars / online sites 

Packaging

I always feel the need to include photos of the make coz counterfeit products are everywhere (just to reiterate SG originals tagged by sellers with almost half or even lower than the price should raise your eyebrows, they are actually fakes). I hope I don't offend the sellers and the clients, well it's their choice anyways. But I personally will not buy something copied especially when my skin reacts violently to some harsh contents. 



There's the top part of the box where you can find the brief description of the product. 


The back part with a more detailed description, benefits and the how-to's.


Is this German? I think so (please correct me if I am wrong). Ich liebe es, perfekt!!! Hahaha 


And ofcourse in French... let's get that "UNE PEAU VELOUTEE" - a velvety skin! Tant d'amour!!!

It has a manual inside written in major languages all over the world but I think I misplaced it when I first used / opened it. 



As always, I love my bb creams in squeezed-it-type tubes. I am the person who uses every drop to the point of cutting out the tube so I can scoop out the remaining product hahaha. Who doesn't do that?  Yep I've tried some in those hard plastic bottles and I just have a hard tine draining the remaining drops that can still last for weeks.

Apart from my favored tube, it has a functional no-spiel pump that dispenses the right amount of the cream. So we can carry this around when travelling without worries that the product will spritz its way out and mess up with other stuff inside our purse. 



The contents of the product were all declared in the box and it says it has 12 months prior expiration upon opening. 

That's the back part of the tube. Basically, some pertinent details that are on the manual and the box are on the tube. 


Shade / Color / Tint

This one is the 02 Golden Peach -  medium with golden peach undertones. I am fair but not so pale and this shade somewhat gives me a bit light bronzy effect...a color that reminds of beautiful summer!



Consistency / Finish / Coverage

The cream is thick but moist so blending is not troublesome plus it is really hydrating so I skip my lotion/moisturizer when applying.  It has a full coverage and I feel really made up with it. Yep, for skin with flaws like dark marks, pimple scars and blemishes, this one pretty covers them perfectly without the need for a separate concealer. You can build it up but I try to keep it moderate coz it looks kind of thick on me... yep the tint is subtle but it is really visible on my skin. 


In this pic you can actually see the difference with the half without it and the other with it right? It makes the skin dewy and plump. 


It actually illuminates light makin you look radiant. 


When blended, it evens out the complexion makin it selfie ready (love lol).

Oil control

Since this product has superb hydrating properties, It does make my skin oil up faster. So, I always set it with a veiling powder and tissue off the oil as needed. You know my skin is insanely greasy! So I usually use this when Ilocos weather is not scorchingly humid. I  favor this when it is rainy and a bit windy.  




Me at the office with Dior Hydra Life and my pale pink lippy. Btw this one can't conceal my ever puffy eyes hahaha.

 Frozen Blossoms' thoughts

Coverage and finish wise, I love that the tint gives me color and a healthy radiance but I find it quite moisturizing on my skin (well my skin is oily). I think the formula will fit better for ladies staying in a drier or colder areas and ladies with dry to normal skin.

Likes

- full coverage / conceals blemishes well
- no scent 

- plump and radiant effect
- SPF 30 with a PA+++ 

- packaging
- no break outs

Dislikes

- oils me up faster
- expensive

So that's it!!! Enjoy the rest of your day!


Mwaaaaahhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment