Sunday, April 14, 2013

Review: Nature Republic By Flower Powder Pact #23

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

The Ilocos' blazing heat is too much to handle lately.  I know it's summer but the temperature makes me exhausted and kinda sickly most of the time.  Just an advise, drink lots of water to avoid dehydration,  take a cold shower to lower body temp, avoid too much coffee, and never leave the house without putting on a sunblock.

Lemme share, my 'powder-best friend" while I was undergoing skin treatment... the Nature Republic By Flower Powder Pact in shade 23.  
Product Description
Nature Republic By Nature Powder Pact is a light and transparent pressed powder formulated with cornflower to keep the skin calm, healthy looking, supple and clean like the baby skin.

Four (4) Non-added Formula
  1. Oil Pigments
  2. Mineral oils
  3. Animal Oils
  4. Benzophenone
Variants:
No. 21 Nude Beige
No. 23 Natural Beige

Net Content: 12g
Price: PhP295.00
Availability:  All Nature Republic outlets and counters  (I got mine from Korean Cosmetics PH though)

While I was undergoing treatment for my acne problems on my jaw area,  I was advised to skip make up for a while.  However, my work requires me to look presentable at least so I took a risk and opted to use a light and oil free powder just to tone down the shininess of my face and to even out the redness.  
The packaging is in a sturdy and conventional compact type super handy enough to bring it for anytime touch ups.  
It comes with a soft and washable puff for easy and light application.
It also has a plastic separator to keep the used puff from getting in contact with the pressed powder.  So, sorry I was not able to get a pic of the powder before I used it.  As you can see on the picture below, I am almost finished with this one =).
I opted to get the #23 Natural Beige - a shade fit for medium to fair skin.
Talc - I have been using this for months now,  I only apply a little on areas that shine the most after the prescribed skincare. Though it is the pressed powder type,  it hugs the skin nicely especially after the sunblock.  It does not feel starchy at all instead velvety.
Coverage - It is very sheer so don't expect that it can conceal blemishes or imperfections. But for ladies who are blessed with clear skin this will work well alone.  
Staying power - Since it is pressed powder type,  you need to retouch from time to time for it does not stay that long like a foundation would normally do.  It is great to veil your favorite liquid foundie or bb cream though.

Frozen Blossoms' thoughts:
The simplicity of this compact is very well acknowledged. It kept me look decent despite all the break outs, it did not contribute to further irritation and it kept me company all through the times that I have stayed away from heavy make ups like foundation and bb creams.  

So I guess I need to get a nap now ladies... till next time, Anneong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment