Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review: Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moisture BB SPF30++

Good afternoon first Sunday of 2013!!!

Still got the long vacay hangover?  (Raising mah hand)  I have been draggin' my so sluggish butt out of the bed almost every morning especially when the alarm reminds me it's time to gear up for work lol (Persevere Tin!). 

I'll have to cut my whiny tale now and start with what's new on my site, it's the Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moisture BB SPF30 PA++. 
Product Description

This line is currently endorsed by cute JYJ boys: from left to right, Junsu, Jaejoong and Yoochun. 
Photo Credits: Tony Moly Philippines
Tony Moly Aqua Aura Moisture BB is formulated to perfectly fit the skin and cover it with moisture  and provide it with radiance all through out while giving the protection it deserves with the SPF30 content and a PA of ++.
Variants
1 Moist Pink Beige
2 Moist Natural Beige

Key Features:
  • Contains 74% of oxygen and ion water
  • Mineral water based
  • Animan product free
  • Paraben free
  • Mineral oil free
  • GMO free
  • Tar free
  • Benzophenone free
  • SPF30 PA++
The picture below shows the list of ingredients for your reference.
Net wt. 30g
Price: PhP778.00
Availability:  It is available in all Tony Moly branches and counters ( I got mine at an online sale though.)

Packaging wise, it is glamorously packed in a sturdy frosted glass pot, thick enough to withstand a not so high or not so harsh fall.  It is quite heavy though so bringing it around might cause a slight inconvenience :).  It will sit nicely at home on the dresser though =).
Apart from the cool blue cover, it also has a good quality plastic protection with an embossed Tony Moly logo.  It seals the pot, preventing the bb cream from leaking or from gettin' exposed.
The package also has a free transparent spatula to scoop out the bb cream from the pot.  Since it is not packaged conventionally in a squeeze-it-type tube, it is but right to include the spatula for free.  Again, for hygienic purposes, I love the idea that I don't have to use my fingers from dipping it in from time to time whenever I need to make my face.  The downside perhaps would be the sanitizing or cleaning part in lazy moments or when I am in a rush.  I guiltily just wipe the bb cream residue off from the spatula with a tissue paper.
I got mine in #01, Moist Pink Beige shade.  The bottom part of the pot contains some of  the important details like expiration date. Yayyy mine says October 25, 2014!!!
The view inside the pot lol.  Good thing, you can easily check if you're running out of it and you want to re-purchase before hand.  Way to go still... I have already consumed a considerable amount of the bb cream.
Consistency wise, it may look liquid-y inside the pot, but once you scoop it out,  it feels silky with the right formula of creaminess and thickness.  I so love the texture coz I find it so easy to work with by either using my finger tips, my Elf Studio Taklon Stippling Brush or Taklon Angled Foundation Brush.  Since it is highly moisture full, you have all the time to blend it well unlike other super thick and super matte foundie or bb.
(FYI, my pictures and swatches below are taken under natural lighting.)  The shade I got is quite fair for a typical Filipina skin tone.  It is tad fairer than my actual color but since I'm acidic the color sets well after some time or after few seconds. 
It so smooth, it really glides well on skin.  There were times when I don't even prep my skin before applying it especially when I'm rushing.  The high moisture content makes everything easy and since the weather here in Ilocos is kinda windy and chilly,  this bb cream saves me from gettin' my skin burnt or from flaking.  If you have read my previous posts,  my skin gets crazy on these times, shifting from super oily to combination of arid and troubled skin. Hence, I always try to keep the parched areas well hydrated and and troubled areas covered and moisturized as well.
The coverage is fairly enough to conceal minor blemishes and acne scars and very good enough to even out the skin tone especially on areas like the nose and around the mouth.  It is build-able from light to medium coverage without getting the sticky or heavy feeling, the best deal you get from water-based make up hehehe.  As for the finish, it gives an adorable dewiness.  The picture (outdoor photo) below  shows the difference of my pale and flat skin from the bb-fied area.  It had a healthier tone and a natural radiance.
The other picture below (indoor photo), shows how the green veins were concealed.  As for the oil control,  I find it tolerable with the use of correct loose powder to set it which solves the oil control concern.  It does have SPF, so it does make you oil up naturally.
As for the scent,  I'm so in love with baby-ish ocean fresh / after shower fragrance it offers which turns into a mild baby powder scent as the bb cream sets.
Lastly,  since it is mainly formulated on water,  it provides a cooling and refreshing feeling when applied.  The burning zits are somewhat modulated while they are covered. 
as I have mentioned above, for worst cases of blemishes
a separate concealer is needed - just like the big zit above my
eyebrow which needs extra concealing =)
Frozen Blossoms' thoughts:
I like this because...
  • it smells so good with an after shower baby-ish scent that I find very refreshing
  • it does make me look presentable despite my seasonal break out battle
  • it keeps the skin hydrated all day long
  • oil concern is workable with the right kind of setting powder
  • posh packaging
  • so-easy-to-work-with-texture
  • sold and available locally
  • camls down red zits with the cooling effect it provides
As for the things I am not favoring,  I have already mentioned and explained them in this post.

This BB cream is highly recommended for ladies who have dry to combination skin types.

So I guess that's it for today!!! Anneong!!!

7 comments:

  1. i would like to try..but its a jaaaaaaaaaar ;__;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony Moly is one of my favourite brand and I have this BB on my eye from some time. Thanks for review - it will help me choosing when I will be run of BB creams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) i'm a fan of yours, i read like all of your reviews about bb creams and setting powders, can i ask you something? Based on your experience what is the best bb cream that you have tried for oily skin? I mean that stays matte at least for like 4 hours? I really hate, LOATH my oily skin and i have to fight it. Right now i'm using etude house precious mineral bb cream and its soooooooooo oily -_- but im still using it anyway cause its such a waste. Hope to read your reply soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi :) i'm a fan of yours, i read like all of your reviews about bb creams and setting powders, can i ask you something? Based on your experience what is the best bb cream that you have tried for oily skin? I mean that stays matte at least for like 4 hours? I really hate, LOATH my oily skin and i have to fight it. Right now i'm using etude house precious mineral bb cream and its soooooooooo oily -_- but im still using it anyway cause its such a waste. Hope to read your reply soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bb creams tend to make you oil up more than when usin a liquid foundie because of their moisturizing properties. Some matte bb creams that i have tried are... Lioele triple the solution, skinfood mattifying (green tea peach), shinee bb lotion, tm dear me etc. If the description says dewy coverage you shold skip it coz it'll make you oil up more. Thank you so much for visiting always. :)

      Delete