Saturday, December 1, 2012

Review: Nature Republic Botanical Fresh BB Cream SPF 30 PA++

Hello ladies!!!

I know it's been a while since the last time I dropped something here.  I feel very grateful to those who have been supporting this blog despite my hiatus.  To make up for it I'd like to share my rants on this new bb, the Nature Republic Botanical Fresh BB Cream SPF30 PA++, I've been using while life has been takin' over me.  
Product Description
Nature Republic Botanical Fresh BB is formulated in purely organic fresh flower extracts and ingredients for an all day well moisturized, healthy, younger and radiant skin with  SPF30 with PA++ for extra protection.

Active Ingredients
1. Organic flower extract: 
       a.  Chamonile 
               - has been used as relaxing aid
               - has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties 
       b.  Lavender 
               - popularly used as calming aid / aromatherapy
               - essential for relieving pain, itching and reducing swelling
       c.  Linden Flower
               - soothe itchy skin
2. Shea Butter 
       - it has high moisturizing properties
       - promotes skin healing
       - improves skin tone
complete list of ingredients
Net Weight: 25ml / 0.84 fl.oz.
Price: PhP295.00 - PhP400.00
Availability: all Nature Republic outlets and counters
Packaging wise, it comes in a squeeze-it-upside-down handy tube splashed with fresh colors.  
 It's opaque though so you won't be able to see if you're running out of the product.
The back part contains few details  and most importantly its manufacture date.  Mine says it was made last 120222. =)
The tube is also sealed to ensure freshness of the product.  Make sure to check it before purchasing since opening the seal will also determine its shelf life.
The container box is made of eco-friendly paper and details were printed in soy ink.
The nozzle is quite tiny so dispensing should not be troublesome but controllable and easy although lookin' on the pictures below, the product might have spilled itself from the cap.
Texture and consistency... This BB cream is really thick and creamy but blending is never troublesome.
Shade / Color... I think this comes in one shade only and I find it a bit darker on my skin when applied since it has a grayish undertone. The color will fit medium-fair skinned ladies.  And since my skin is also acidic,  the color turns darker than my body as I oil up. =(  
Coverage wise,  it is pretty build-able.  I suggest to start it less then add up as needed.  It covers pretty well for minor traces of acne and blemishes.  For severe cases, a separate concealer is needed.
Finish...This bb cream is really dewy.  I like how it makes the skin healthily radiant and glowy. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Oil control...I oil up faster with this bb on.  Well, my skin is innately oily plus my country is very humid though.  
Protection... wth SPF30 with a PA of ++.
Scent...strong fusion of extracts upon initial application.  But as the bb cream sets, the fragrance turns into something really lovable and mild.
photographed under natural lighting
The swatch shows that its really darker than my actual skin and you can see the fraction between the bare and bb-fied skin =).  Good thing though,  the radiance on the lower side is very evident.

Frozen Blossoms' thoughts:
I like it because it did not break me out and it kept my skin moisturized while I'm in an air conditioned room.  But, I'll have to say the color does not fit my skin tone.

This bb cream will be favored by those with dry skin and those living in a cold area because of its superb moisturizing properties and ladies with medium-fair skin color.

That's it for today, good night!

11 comments:

  1. hmm we have this one too in indonesia. it is tagged very cheap and i am tempted to buy it.. too bad the shade is too dark >.< thanks for the review.. hehehe visit my blog also at http://beauty-chica.blogspot.com/ *hugs* glad to have you back hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. im very oily.i i will pass on this XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JennyAustria! thanks for droppin by =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hana, this bb is indeed very affordable and promising too bad its quite dark for me =). Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the packaging!! :)
    galleryibu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing, it does look pretty moisturizing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sis!!! Long time no talk! =) Thanks for droppin by. The packaging is a picture of nature =) love it too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, you got the pink juice!! nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jan Mitchelle PanuelaDecember 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM

    Great Review sis! It looks that it works pretty well. I want to try this one too :)


    Btw, I am having my first giveaway. :) You might win an awesome COSMETIC ORGANIZERS! :)I am hoping for your participation. ^_^
    God Bless and have a great day! :)


    Much Love!
    -Jan
    http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete