Sunday, June 3, 2012

Review: Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit N02

Hello ladies!!!

It's been a while since I reviewed a bb cream.  So here I am again sharing another wonderful innovation in the make up industry. Behold, the improved formula of the Precious Mineral from Etude House...Precious Mineral Bright Fit.  Actually I had the first collection which I reviewed here (one of the firsts I have tried)...my Precious Mineral Collection.
Product Description
Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit N02 - promotes silky complexion with pearl infused sheer coverage. Contains adenosine & arbutin for anti-wrinkle & whitening efficacies. SPF for UV protection (box description).

There are 4 shades / variants available for this line.  I got mine in N02 Light Beige which of course is the lightest shade.
  • N02 - Light Beige
  • W13 - Natural Beige
  • W24 - Honey Beige
  • W15 - Sand Beige
Net Wt. 60g (2.11 oz.)
Price Php798.00 (more or less $19.99)
Availability - all Etude House branches, online shops, online resellers

Highlights of the new formula
  • Zero Oil
  • More pearl extract than the old formula for a brighter coverage
  • Improved texture and consistency for a soft, smooth and pearly skin
  • Balanced moisture
Packaging
It comes with a nice / working pump for a controlled and hygienic dispensingThis is actually an Etude House signature. Love it!!! =) 
This new formula is easier to blend.  I had my previous Precious Mineral in sheer silky and it was quite matte.  I must say the consistency and texture really improved well (previously I had to work fast in blending because it "mattifies" fast) from thick cream to not-so-thick-just right feel.
Since my skin is really oily and acidic, I always choose the lightest shade just in time when the cream sets.  My skin has always been like that, I get dark when i get oily (only my face though hahaha).
The coverage of this bb cream is quite sheer and really dewy but you can build it without getting the "too made up" look.  This is a good news to the ladies out there who have visible or obvious imperfections they want to conceal.  It would still look like the skin even when layered, just get the right shade for your skin color.


I love the sheerness of this cream since I only have minimal blemishes / seasonal acne traces hehehe to cover.  I only put a little just to brighten my dull stressed out skin.  I also love the dewiness that makes the skin look glazy and almost pearly.

Oil control is acceptable since this improved formula is designed to keep the skin moist as well.  Ilocos Norte is very very humid so that explains too... =)
sorry for the blurry pic
Frozen Blossoms' thoughts:
I love this because...
  • it has SPF 30 / PA++ just enough to protect the skin from harmful UV rays that can cause premature aging and pigmentation
  • it has whitening properties with continuous use - it lightens the dark spots / acne marks
  • it has anti-wrinkle properties - (i am not super wrinkly pa naman but i have super super fine lines around the eye area)
  • it has zero oil - less oilier and does not attract zit causing germies hehehe
  • light and airy feeling - it does not feel heavy or thick on skin
  • no zit add ons hehehe
  • hygienic pump - love love love it
  • sheer and dewy coverage
  • it's not caky 
  • pearl powder infused BB cream 
  • fits perfectly like a real skin
Neutral
  • just the oil control =)
  • price =(
So that's it on rainy Sunday... I hope you guys enjoyed your weekend.   Bye bye

PS... please don't forget to join my on going giveaway here...Frozen Blossoms' Back to School Giveaway.

47 comments:

  1. Hello there! , I ordered this product as soon as I read your post  but i have oily skin so, Could you recommend me  a good face powder for my awful T-zone? Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noe, thank you for droppin by!!! I hope your skin will love this BB cream.  I love Etude House Dr. Oil Solution Anti-Shine Finish Pact.  

    http://frozenblossomsbysenzy.blogspot.com/2011/07/etude-house-dr-oil-solution-collection.html 

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi same here.. my skin gets dark and oily for quite some time even i applied bb cream and primer beforehand.. thans for the review.. will buy asap..

    ReplyDelete
  4. sis you need to set this bb with loose powder ha, oil control is quite disappointing =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ! i just wanna ask if i can use bb cream solo? or with a face powder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can use it solo sis esp if you want a dewy coverage. You can use face powder to retouch when you oil up =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. doesn't make your face feel oily/sticky? since you know how humid it is here in manila.. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i set it with a loose powder sis to control it =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, How do you think this compares with Skin79 Diamond? I use the Diamond one at the moment, but just bought this Etude House one in 02 and now I worry that it will be too dark :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have tried on one skin79 bb sis which i reviewed here...
    http://frozenblossomsbysenzy.blogspot.com/2012/06/review-skin79-prestige-bb-cream-diamond.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FrozenBlossoms+%28Frozen+Blossoms%29


    Etude House has better coverage coz this skin79 is super sheer sis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the dewy finish to this bb cream! Great review~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi can i ask?
    This BB CREAM from etude house can be use by teenagers like 14yrs old? thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gela, thanks for visiting. Yes you may use bb cream, i suggest the etude house shini bb lotion for you age since it is lighter and hypo allergenic :)...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you ... does the Precious Mineral BB Cream All day Strong is more effective than this one? I want to buy this but i might regret if it doesn't help me from my oily skin that has pores and dark spots..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sweetie this is the new / impoved precious mineral line.
    Oil control may disapoint you though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any loose powder will do for oil control? Can you recommend a loose powder that works well with this? Or should I necessarily buy the Precious Mineral Bright Fit Compact? Tnx! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi kgirl thanks for visiting, you can use any loose powder sis. Currently im using the eh precious mineral sun bb finish powder which i also reviewed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. help. i cant decide which one to buy, should it be this, TonyMoly Luminous Goddess Aura BB cream(i've read ur review already) or Holika Holika Baby Bloom light bb cream?? i kinda have an oily skin. i just need ur opinion ma'am. i dont want my money to go to waste, help..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Faith full, thank you so much for visiting, the mentioned bb creams are more on the plumping benefits and moisturizing properties. It will give you the dewy, radiant coverage. So, if you are on the oilier side, the sebum control might disapoint you. You can mattify though by setting it with a loose powder. You might want to order those variants in travel / sample sizes so you can check which one suits you best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, fabulous review, thank you so much! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  21. which one do u like more? shinee bb cream or this one? hehehehe



    visit my blog also ya at http//beauty-chica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Hana thanks for droppin by, when i am up for full coverage and plumped up look i use this one, but on casual long days that i just want something light i use the shinee bb lotion :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, is the light beige very light? Because I ordered natural beige on gmarket but I ended up receiving light beige. I'm afraid that light beige would be too light for me but looking at your pictures, it seems okay for my skin tone. I wanted to try it out but I can't as if I open it up, I can't send back for refund anymore.. Please reply as soon as possible! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello there! I'm not a fan of BB creams maybe because I find them expensive. haha. 'twas a good review. The shade suits you. I hope someday I could share you my own BB cream review.  ^_^

    God bless always! 

    XOXO,
    Pham

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Pham, thanks for droppin by...hihihi im a bb cream fanatic - asian brands. They are cheaper than the western liquid foundie though :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello, I use this too, mine is w24 golden beige, yeah this bb cream is pretty lightweight in my opinion too, I like it except for the so so oil control. Etude brand is ridiculously overpriced here in my country so I have to buy it online.
    Thanx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're welcome sis. Yup atleast it feels light on skin however like what you said the oil control is not so great. Is is manageble though, blot hihihi :)
    I buy my stuff online too, my place is 12hours drive away from the big city :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't tried any..  :( I heard Korean brands are superb. 

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello, nice review! Have you ever tried Skin 79 (the orange one)? I really love it, mainly because it matches my skin and has yellow undertone. And it is also great for combination skin. 
    Do the Etude one and its previous version have yellow undertone? It's very important for me as it's hard to find BB creams that aren't pink or grey, which don't suit at all!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. yay finally a review of the new BB cream of Etude! ^^, Very nice and helpful review Ms. Tin! Will try this out next time since I am eyeing on this already hehe Thanks for the review! ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi sis I havent tried any skin79 prod but im eyeing on their bb creams. Hopefully by next month. So far sis, this improved formula has a better tone , more natural compared than the previous precious mineral that i have tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. thanks for the review~! :) hope i'll be able to buy this one soon! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome review! Love reading it!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi sis,one of the cons I sited on my review is the oil control (not that great but on my part it is manageable since my skin has been literally oily, I am used to it). And this is formulated to give a dewy / moist coverage.
    sorry for the confusion:
    - this is zero oil (the content)
    - but not matte
    - it has moisturizing properties as well

    Just put a little then and set it with a loose powder to lessen the dewiness. =)
    Thank you. I hope this one helped and I hope it will work on you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  35. hi are you sure that its suitable for the oily skin?
    because ive just used that exact brand, thinking it will lessen the oiliness of  face yet it become more oilier and so sticky :(
    or should i put a small amount of it?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the review!! We just linked to it on our facebook page for our US and Canadian customers :D www.momomango.com 

    ReplyDelete
  37. thank you so much! maybe i'll just put a little amount of it :D

    and do you know where to buy etude pore smoothing peach base? i cant find it in any etude house here in Manila. :(

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi sis, thanks for droppin by. This is the lightest shade sis but a bit darker than the original Precious Mineral in Sheer Silky (old formula). This one is lighter than my skin tone but since I am acidic, Iam givin a room for the bb cream to set. If you wanna risk it you can mix it with a darker foundie incase it will not match your skin tone, but if you can exchange it or refund it just do sis, it is quite expensive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this
    board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot.

    I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.


    Also visit my web site :: Bellagenix Review

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi, do you have any idea what bb cream made by Etude that is best for combination skin type like mine?

    ReplyDelete