Saturday, March 24, 2012

Etude House Shini Star Clear BB Lotion - Shinee Special Edition

Anneonghaseo!!!

I have always been a fan of fine, dewy, clear, almost porcelain-like skin.  It has always been a matter to me if it was purely genetic.  I know Asians especially the Japs and the Koreans have super white or fair skin, but did it never cross your mind that the glow it emits might be a result of cosmetics? I, having a drop of the yellow race too, have a quite fair skin but all through my life I never experienced a notable glow.  Not until, of course, when I discovered the most talked about blemish balm creams.  Those who have been reading my post certainly knew that I have been obsessed with this make up plus skincare thing. This time, I have another skin favorite… Etude House Shini Star Clear BB Lotion.
Product Description

Etude House Shini Star Clear BB Lotion – Shinee Special Edition

To give you an overview, along with Dara Park of 2ne1, Shinee currently endorses Etude House.  Shinee is a KPOP male group with 5 extremely adorable members.  I particularly loved them because one of their song has been featured as OST for the Boys Over Flowers, Stand by Me. Subsequently, when I saw this Special Edition line, I am very much happy to buy and try the BB cream.
pic from Etude House April press kit
The Shini BB Star Lotion is a moisturizing foundie which promotes moist, brightened and natural coverage.

Product Features (from Etude House press kit):

1. Soft Focus Effect - Moist texture with smooth, soft finish and veil coverage.
2. Brightened Coverage - Moist, oil absorbent coverage
Contains Bovine Colostrum (First Milk) - Nourishes, protects and softens skin
3. Hypoallergenic Formula - Void of Paraben, Benzophenone, Mineral Oils and Ethanol

Net Wt. 3og (1.05oz.)

Price Php498.00 – official price from Etude House website

Availability – all Etude House Outlets.
But I got this one from ebayer, Gailygirl. 

This new line is charmingly packaged in mint green with baby pink accent at the middle of the box.  The concept is really adorable, so Shinee!  Honestly, I just wanna put it on my dresser and just leave it there hahaha.  I super love the combination of colors. Like most BB creams of Etude House, this one comes in tube with pump for easy and hygienic dispensing.
I am all hopes when I tried this for the first time (I have this attitude of trying out BB creams).  I do have a lot of expectations and I usually don’t entertain disappointments hehehe especially when I’m buying from one of the brand that I trust so much.

The lotion is pretty thick, more on the creamy side I should say.  At initial application it dries up pretty quick, or should I say my skin feels it mattifyng so I have to work on the blending part faster.  I am impressed at how the skin easily absorbs it without creating a gray cast.  I don’t have to wait for a few seconds to let it set.  It has a natural finish, it is between matte and dewy.  It doesn’t give the tight and dull feeling because of the moisturizing effect.  It has this exceptionally healthy glow that I love.
The coverage is sheer.  It pretty covers minimal traces of blemishes without giving you the overly made up look (obvious layers of thick foundie). This one is buildable for skin cases with worse blemishes though.

I love the light after shower scent.

Despite, the moisturizing and brightening it gives on the skin, the oil control is outstanding.  I went out with family yesterday to look for my boy’s “mint green” long sleeves, what a coincidence hehehe.  We have walked from one bazzar to another in spite of the traditional way of shopping here in Ilocos under the blazing temperature, super hot and humid at 4pm. Really impressive, it didn’t oil me up ha!  And I get to have my skin protected with the SPF 20 / PA++ plus continuous use can whiten my dark spots and acne traces.  Very nice indeed!!!

I super love it, highly recommendable.  Plus, it is Shinee special edition!!!  Over bonus right? 

If you love Korean cosmetics and skincare, please follow my blog and my FB page.
If you found this post informative and interesting please hit like.
If you have comments and suggestions, please feel free to drop any of your comments.

Show me some love…Annyeong!!!

ousH

11 comments:

  1. hello, I had read all your reviews about bb creams.... I also noticed u had used various bb creams and had thumbs up, because of that im quite curious which bb cream i should buy... by the way i have super oily skin with visible large pores and acne marks... which bb cream should u advise me?..thanks...looking forward to ur advice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mavic!!! Thanks for visiting... You're right bb creams i reviewed here were favored by me coz before i buy them, i read good reviews too in that case it wont be wasted hihihi... I suggest you check out the lines for troubled skin plus lines that offer good coverage sis... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favourite bb cream!! hehehehe >,< btw mind to followback ? thankyou~!! http://littlelittledismiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep so mild =) my 2nd tube na din. thanks for following...sure =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I ask which is better with oil control? The Bright fit one or this one? And what about the shades? Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has better oil control sis. The shini is available in one shade only . Thanks for droppin by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey... I'm a new follower and I saw this post.. hehe. Nice btw... but I'm just curious, do you cover your face with powder or anything after you put that BB cream... or did you just left it like that? hehe. I was just wondering because I really wanted to try that Etude House BB Cream. :) hoping for a reply. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sis thanks for following, nope just powder blush on cheeks. But if you want a matte finish you can set it with a loose powder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello, I had read all your reviews about bb creams.... I also noticed u had used various bb creams and had thumbs up, because of that im quite curious which bb cream i should buy... by the way i have super oily skin with visible large pores and acne marks... which bb cream should u advise me?..thanks...looking forward to ur advice...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wah, you're really pretty! *o* Anyways, I have yet to purchase the BB Lotion~ But seeing the review I think I might purchase this soon! :D  I have oily skin too, and I hate the fact that almost all the products that caters oily skin is mattifying. Good to hear that this one gives you a natural glow! :3
    http://thedementedspider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete