Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BB Creams on my list

Like most of  the other ladies, my oily skin has always been my concern and it took me years to find the suited powder / foundation.  I have tried different well-known western brands like Mac, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Chanel, Loreal, Max Factor, in2it, etc. to name a few.  They are very costly, yet I am not satisfied with the result. They tend to get too dark on my skin.  I even tried local products like Avon, Fuller Life, Nichido, Ever Bilena, etc. worst outcome, sorry to say.

The BB creams I use, are all the lightest shades. But you can have other shades depending on you skin color. I will give you just a brief description of the products I have already tried.
All the items I listed in this note are recommended (since I already tried them).  As you see, I am now a diehard fan of BB cream.  And yes, it does give wonders to skin – no break outs so far (hehehe).

I hope this can help you choose what BB cream to purchase.
Etude House Precious Mineral BB cream – #1 Sheer silky skin

Main strengths of this product:
  1. Uv Protection – SPF30++ / PA++
  2. Anti-Wrinke and whitening
  3. Anti-darkening
“Precious mineral BB cream promotes silky complexion with pearl infused sheer coverage.”  This is good for the oily skin type. The texture is pretty thick, just put a small amount – pea size and gently apply all over the face and neck.  The coverage is very light and it gives you the KPOP star glow.
Etude House Collagen Moisfull BB cream #1

Main strengths of this product:
  1. Uv Protection – SPF30++ / PA ++
  2. Whitening and Anti- Wrinkle
  3. Mineral oil free, ethanol and paraben free
“Moist BB cream supplies collagen to strengthen derma integrity and promotes youthful skin”. If you want to get the dewy finish then this will suit you.  I usually use this on windy or rainy days.  It tends to be so oily on my skin on hot days. Best for dry skin.

Etude House BB Magic Cream – Refreshing

The refreshing one comes in light lotion which is suitable for oily skin.  This BB cream comes in one shade only and I think it is too dark for my complexion.  But the coverage is really light and you can attain the “no make up look” with this product.

Skin Food Aloe Sun BB Cream

“Rich with aloe, which possesses excellent hydrating properties and soothing effect, this multi-functional skincare product provides moisture and nutrition to your skin while providing protection from UV rays.” It has SPF20+ PA+.
What I love about this product is that it gives me the very light coverage and the dewey finish (bagong hilamos look).  But if you have lots of skin imperfections, I think this won’t work on your skin since the concealing effect is not great. It is great for the normal to oily skin.
Tony Moly Cutie Beauty BB Cream – # 1 Tomboy Chris

Main strengths of this product:
  1. Uv Protection – SPF36, PA++
  2. Anti-wrinkle
  3. Whitening
  4. For sensitive skin
“This multi-functional BB cream with non-comedogenic ingredients is safe for SENSITIVE skin as well as delivering anti-wrinkle, whitening and sun protection effects. And this BB cream makes the skin naturally radiant.” I love wearing this when I go outdoors since it has a better sunscreen specification.  And with its light coverage it is good for sporty activities. No fear of getting the cakey look after sweating.
Tony Moly Lovely BB cream – Natural

“Skin protection cream of novel concept which long lasts the expression of skin uniform and glossy by covering the defects of skin effectively.”
I particularly use this at night because of the sparkling effects on my skin.  It is also very light and you will get the fresh look and glowing skin during parties

Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream

The product claims:
"Our Instant Skin Perfecting Cream is a perfect blend of 8 mineral ingredients. The unique earth colour shade instantly improves and perfects your skin:
1) Brighten skin: visible whitening effect
2) Covers imperefections: reduce the appearance of pores, skin redness disappears
3) Moisturisers + Protects: all day hydration + helps to protect skin from UV rays and free radicals"

The first ever BB cream I ever tried. Very affordable and it is not hard to find.  It goes with one shade and it is self adjusting to your skin type and skin tone.

5 comments:

  1. how much is the tony moly cutie beauty in tomboy chris ? in pesos

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi which one do u think is better?
    Etude House Precious Mineral BB cream – #1 Sheer silky skin or
    ETUDE HOUSE Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit? will consider your recommendation. thanks.. u might wanna reply in twiter instead. thanks miss.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faith, The EH Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream is the improved formula of their old Precious Mineral Collection. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. would you prefer EH Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream or Etude House Collagen Moisfull BB cream?

    ReplyDelete